
OK well not yet. This is the sight every week at my house. I spend a few days washing and drying all the many loads of laundry that need to be done but I just can't seem to finish it off. So I wash, dry and stack. . . I can't seem to get it folded! I know, I know it would be so much easier if I just folded it as it came out of the dryer. But laundry is the task I do in between everything else. Aaahh, I really don't like laundry. I hate the fact that it is never done. Maybe that is why I wait until I have it all washed before I fold it. I have been know to stand over the washing machine and take my clothes off and throw them into the washer. My husband thinks I am crazy when I tell him to take his clothes off too so I can for one hour have all the laundry in the house washed and put away!!
It drives my family crazy that they seem to always have to go find their clean clothes in the well organized baskets (as you can see from the picture) down stairs.
So each week I set out complete the task wash, fold and put away- I succeed occasionally but usually not. I will keep trying to reach perfection in the laundry department. So until then "your clean underwear is in the basket downstairs!"
5 comments:
At least you can send them for CLEAN underwear!!(I gave up folding along time ago.) I wish I'd given up alot of the laundry sooner. Andrew does his own and has for a long time. So did Lauren but I was a really control freak with the rest of them. It nearly killed me trying to keep up with all the work. I wish I had assigned them each a day to do their own laundry, even if it meant I spent the day helping them until they could do it on their own. I LOVE not being responsible for having his gym clothes ready on time or his favorite jeans clean. Maybe I really am starting to grow up. I want to know how my mother instilled in us the need to help with dishes even tho I know I'll never master that one!!
Oh, my gosh, Jessica, I can totally relate. I have my own little mountain of laundry that rivals Mt. Everest. Ugh.
I'm the same as you, I'll take the clothes I'm wearing off so I can at least in my mind think that I'm done! Putting all of it away is the part I hate the most! I don't really fold the boys clothes though. Oh well you gotta love the tasks of a mother!
Laundry is the worst... our pile ends up on our bed. Which we then just tuck into our comforter and flip off the end of the bed. The next day, I flip it back and have yet another chance to fold it...
Put all those girls of yours to work folding!
Post a Comment