
We had planned a few weeks ago to take the kiddos ice fishing. I assumed that it would be a short lived activity. Especially if it was particularly cold outside or if the ice was cracking and shifting like it sometimes does. I was wrong. . . it was gorgeous, almost 60 degrees and the girls thought the popping noise of the ice was the sound of the fish getting ready to bite the hook! We spent 6 hours on the ice and needless to say my list of "to do" did not get done. Bu
t we had a such a great time!! The girls loved it!Anna was a master fishergirl! She was putting on her own live bait, reeling 'em in, and tossing them back all by herself! Everyone caught plenty of fish! Eliza and Julia's favorite part was "sharing"their fish. They would caught one out of their own hole and then put it back in another hole. Eve caught a few and then the excitement of catching fish wore off. So she spent most of the afternoon messing around on the ice, pulling her sisters, her mother and herself on the sled.
She just giggled and laughed the whole
time. She reels in her own fish and talks
to them like they are dear old friends!
And of course we can't have a day on the ice without grilling up some hotdogs! The thought that was pretty cool to barbeque right there out on the ice. It was a great day- with lots of great memories made. I am so grateful to live in such a beautiful place, to be blessed with such a wonderful family. These are the things I treasure the most.





7 comments:
Not sure what happened with that post. I am still figuring it all out. For some reason part of it is not there. Anna was a crazy fishergirl. She was putting on her own live bait, reeling 'em in and letting them go. It was pretty funny. She is my girl I thought would be holed up in the car due to fear or cold. I was wrong!
Looks like a lot of fun to me! so where do you go fishing? Is it a place that could be a potential site for a family reunion in Colorado?
I am your Aunt who would be sitting in the warm car listening to you tell me it was warm and fun and me not believing you! OK OK Maybe fun with the kids but snow, ice, fish...not MY combination for a good time!!
Looks like it was a fun day, Jessica! I love that all the girls enjoy fishing and aren't afraid to bait their own hooks. I bet it makes Bret happy.
Too fun! It looks like you guys had a lot of fun!
Great pictures Jessica! I SO wish we could have been there to come with you guys! That would have been tons of fun! Love you!
So did the girls eat the fish?
Post a Comment