Bret and I have never been big Valentiner's. In fact, I told him not to propose to me on Valentine's Day because it was to cheesy for me! (So he proposed on the 12th and went fishing with his brothers on V-day!)
I've decided it is because he's my "valentine" year around. He always does little things for me to show me that he loves me. He'll bring me home a hamburger @ lunch time because he knows I had a rough night up with sick kids. Or when he orders himself a Jamba juice he will get it with no banana (even though banana is his favorite and I am allergic) because he knows I will want just one sip!! Or he will mop the floor when I am running kids to dance class (he knows he will get lucky with that one- I hate mopping the floor!) And of course he tells me everyday how much he loves me. . . geez, I love that boy!!
So Valentine's day has become a family day at our house. We decorate the table and have pink pancakes and strawberry milk (yuck) for breakfast. Bret gets all his girls a valentine. This year he got them all lollipops that were as big as their heads! I don't know what he was thinking. He wanted to see their faces when they saw these monstrous suckers. Now that they are pumped full of sugar and literally bouncing off the furniture and walls, I am not sure it was worth it. But he loves his girls and the love him.
We took them swimming (Julia has been begging for weeks). That was fun to see them in swimsuits and winter coats loading up in the car to go swimming in 23 degree weather. It was fun we have this great pool with a slide, a wave pool and a lazy river. It was great.
Then Bret took the kiddos so I could go get my hair done. Cut it short and dyed it chocolate brown. LOVE IT! (that was scheduled pre-valentines day)
Then we put the kiddos to bed early due to too much sugar intake. Then we made dinner and watched a movie and went to bed. I love nights in with my hubby!
I'd love to post pictures. . . of the kiddos Valentine's day fun but the camera was lost on the last great ice fishing trip. Bret entered a fishing tournament but that is a whole different post! So until it is found amongst the worms and hooks or a new one purchased you are stuck with my words and that is it! But here is a picture of the love of my life from the computer. Can you believe he is fishing??? hee hee.
2 comments:
Cutting your hair is so fun. I cut three feet off of mine and went dark brown after Sam was born. It's the easiest thing to change... Cant wait to see pictures!
Your post gave me warm fuzzies, Jessica. Thank you for sharing such tender feelings. I'm glad you are so happy. It sounds as if you have a wonderful husband.
Post a Comment