5/10/09

thanks to my kiddos!

Wow where has the month gone? Life has been a little crazy but who's hasn't, right?
I have spent a great deal of time in meetings for the past month. This of course meant that my girls have had to be very well behaved and left to their own "quiet entertainment" in the church gym. Directly across the hall from my meeting. They have been fabulous! Especially Julia and Eliza (for anyone that knows Julia this is truly a divinely bestowed blessing!) the two of them are not in school full time yet so they have been pulled along for the majority of the ride. So here are some of our meeting house adventures. . .
Eliza-
  • in the process of potty training has pooped once on the sunbeam room floor, once on the bathroom tile and only one episode of pee!
  • She sat perfectly quiet, ate her picnic lunch and waved to me at least once every 30 seconds while I helped prepare and serve a missionary zone luncheon.
  • She said hi to every missionary as they walked passed and said look mama another missionary- that made them smile (OK me too)
  • Every week she has sat in my lap for at least an hour meeting. None of my other 3 years old were capable of that.

Julia-

  • while playing in the gym was asked by a sister who had come in to help set up for enrichment, "what are you doing in here?" Her reply, "mom's in another meeting but it's OK we are doing the Lord's work and I guess we will get blessed!" (Julia said that?? Are you sure?)

Eve and Anna-

  • Bret had another meeting scheduled on the same night as my welfare/ward council. I carefully placed them in a room close enough to still hear them, but far enough away that the Barbie movie playing would not interfere. BUT the bishop moved the meeting directly next to their room with only the accordion door dividing us. So a very spiritual meeting, great things accomplished all with the barbie princesses serenading us in the background!
  • Eve said, "Mom we were super quiet like you asked but you guys were not! We could barely hear the movie." Julia said "yeah, I don't think you get a frosty for being quiet" (yes I did use some bribery for that meeting)
  • Anna striving not to raise her voice asked "next time can I just wear regular clothes- I don't want to be seen by the bishop in my pj's again." I should of known- but I was just trying to make the transition for our late bedtime easier for me. . .
  • Eve says, "Mom I know you are supposed to do this job for Heavenly Father but I kinda liked it better when dad had to do it."

My girls and my hubby have been great while I wrap my brain around how to properly divide my time between, family, calling, school and all the other errands of life!

4 comments:

Carla and crew said...

Jessica, it sounds to me like you are doing everything just right! Keep up the good work, and one day you'll be totally shocked when your oldest graduates from high school!

April Bishop said...

Kids say the greatest things. Don't you just love the Barbie movies? They are our favorites...

Luisa said...

Awwwwww, such good girls!

Susie said...

I'm sure the Sunbeam floor has seen more than its fair share of poop.
You're doing a great job! It's hard to overlook the guilt that motherhood brings our way - but, especially when it comes to church service - the Lord seems to make up the difference somehow.